Using the Catalog
Use the catalog to find books about nonprofit management and/or your specific nonprofit sector. Below, I've included a book on nonprofits and another on immigration.
To get started, try some key words. Key words can be as simple as "nonprofit organization", or the subsector, the population the organization serves, or even the name of your orgnization. Keep in mind that you may need to search using synonyms or related concepts.
- Foundation Review
- International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing
- International Jounral of Volunteer Administration
- Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Nonprofit Quarterly
- NonProfit Times
- Philanthropy News Digest
Find journal articles using databases. The library subscribes to hundreds of databases. I link to some that are particularly good for PNHA students at the Public and Nonprofit Administration and Health Administration Guides but there are many others available at the database table. From the home page, click "databases" to access a more complete list.
Some that might be particularly useful for this assignment are:
- Public Administration Abstracts
- PAIS International
- Foundation Directory
- Johnson Center Home Page Provides information to support nonprofits such as public data, publications on philanthropy and nonprofits, and more.
- Idealist.org Search for the organization name. You will be provided with contact information, a mission statement, and jobs and internships.
- GuideStar The free version of GuideStar is a searchable database with contact information, a mission statement, and sometimes financial information such as tax documents.
- Economic Research Institute Search for info about noprofits, including links to 990 forms. Also provides compensation, benefits, and human resource research for private and public organizations.