Environmental and Sustainability Studies: Home
Welcome to the GVSU Libraries guide to research in Environmental and Sustainability Studies. On the pages tabbed above, you'll find resources tailored to specific research needs.
- DatabasesThese resources index and store scholarly articles written about environmental studies and related disciplines.
- Internet ResourcesIncludes sites devoted to environmental science, advocacy, and news.
I want to:
- Find peer-reviewed articles.
- Use the databases in the box to the right ==========>
- Determine if an article is peer-reviewed.
- Follow instructions for Ulrichsweb.
- Cite my sources.
- Consult our Citation Guide
ENS & Sustainability at GVSU
- Environmental & Sustainability Studies ProgramENS at Grand Valley State University draws upon a variety of disciplines to develop a holistic, place-based, and solutions-oriented understanding of environmental and sustainability challenges. The program emphasizes a practical approach to environmental issues through collaborative problem-solving, involvement in faculty-led research projects, internships, practicums, and community engagement projects. Students gain an understanding of the way interconnected physical, institutional, and cultural systems shape our attitudes and behavior toward the environment.
- Office of Sustainability PracticesThe Sustainability office has been in place at GVSU for 13 years, and Sustainability is now the seventh value at the University.
It has moved from initiatives to defined practices in administration and campus operations, educational opportunities, student involvement, and community engagement.
- Sustainable Agriculture ProjectThe Sustainable Agriculture Project is a physical place, and a scientific station, where students can go to research plants, the environment, human-environmental interaction, systems thinking, and community. It is also a laboratory in that it is a space where students can get their hands dirty while learning quantitative and critical thinking skills relating to soil, water, plant life, climate change, and the environment. It is also a working studio space and gallery for artists, a field site with a ready-made community of people on a small working farm perfect for sociological study. It is also a business that produces and sells food to support the activities of the SAP.
Librarian for ENSS
- Last Updated: Feb 8, 2023 1:01 PM
- URL: https://libguides.gvsu.edu/ENSS