These databases are great for nutrition topics. If you are having trouble finding what you need in the databases on this guide, please contact Anna for suggestions and assistance.
- CINAHL Complete This link opens in a new windowA robust collection of full-text of nursing and allied health journals.
- ProQuest Medical Database This link opens in a new windowCovers "all the major healthcare specialties, including nursing, pediatrics, neurology, pharmacology, cardiology, physical therapy, and others." Updated daily, with coverage dating from 1997 forward.
- PubMed This link opens in a new windowPubMed is a highly respected, free biomedical database providing access to scholarly journal articles. An excellent resource for research in nutrition & health issues. 1948-present.
- Google Scholar This link opens in a new windowUse Google Scholar to search for scholarly, peer reviewed articles on any topic.
- AGRICOLA This link opens in a new windowMaterials acquired by the National Agriculture Library, covering: agricultural economics; geography; agricultural engineering; animal science; human nutrition; chemistry; life sciences; energy; plant diseases; and more.
- STAT!Ref This link opens in a new windowContains medical reference e-books covering all aspects of medicine and allied health. It includes key references for evidence-based medicine, pharmacology, anatomy, coding and classification, diagnosis, definitions, and calculations which can all be searched simultaneously.
Not finding what you need?
Both of these databases are multidisciplinary, which means they should contain information for almost any topic. If you aren't finding what you need in the databases on this guide, contact Anna for suggestions and assistance.
- Web of Science This link opens in a new windowThis is a great multi-disciplinary database. It searches scholarly journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts & humanities.
- Academic Search Ultimate This link opens in a new windowAcademic Search Premier covers most subjects and searches for newspaper & magazine articles in addition to more scholarly articles available in journals.
- Last Updated: Jan 17, 2023 9:59 AM
- URL: https://libguides.gvsu.edu/nutrition