Communications: Faculty Guide to the Library: Home
Library systems migration June 28-July 1, 2021: plan ahead!
On February 1, 2021 GVSU Libraries will temporarily stop borrowing books from other libraries via MeLCat as GVSU Libraries change our search software. In the meantime, you can request items we do not own through our Document Delivery service, or pick up MeLCat loans from your public library. Learn more about this service change.
Info about virtual liaison librarian services for 2021
I am the librarian for the School of Communications. I work with you to:
- recommend materials for the University Libraries to support the School
- develop and revise curriculum, achieve accreditation/re-accreditation, and engage in strategic planning
- virtually teach sessions on library-based research in your courses, provide resources via Blackboard and the Library's Subject Guides, and consult with students individually or in groups
- keep you informed about issues pertaining to scholarly publishing, copyright, plagiarism, and other library developments
- consult about your research or creative scholarship
- resolve issues with Course Reserve and Document Delivery (a.k.a. interlibrary loan)
Mailing address: 240 Mary Idema Pew Library, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI 49401