Communications: Faculty Guide to the Library: Home
Try the database HathiTrust: find more than 17 million books and other public domain resources.
GVSU Libraries' Instruction YouTube Channel: Several short videos on topics like finding books, evaluating information, etc., that you can put in Blackboard.
Laptop loans for students:
OER funds: funding opportunities for faculty. Learn more at the Accelerating OER webpage.
MeLCat: On February 1, 2021 GVSU Libraries temporarily stopped borrowing books from other libraries via MeLCat as we changed our search software. In the meantime, you can request items we do not own through our Document Delivery service, or pick up MeLCat loans from your local public library. Learn more about this service change.
I am the librarian for the School of Communications. I work with you to:
- Recommend materials for the University Libraries to support the School
- Develop and revise curriculum: add me to SAIL proposals and changes
- Teach sessions on library-based research in your courses, provide resources via Blackboard and the Library's Subject Guides, and consult with students individually or in groups
- Keep you informed about issues pertaining to scholarly publishing, copyright, plagiarism, and other library developments
- Consult about your scholarship
- Resolve issues with Course Reserve and Document Delivery (a.k.a. interlibrary loan)
- Achieve accreditation/re-accreditation
Mailing address: 240 Mary Idema Pew Library, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI 49401