Biomedical Engineering: Databases
Engineering search engines
If you're doing a broad web-based search, try these engineering-specific search engines.
- GlobalSpecThe engineering search engine.
- Science.govScience.gov searches over 60 databases and over 2200 selected websites from 15 federal agencies. It provides access to authoritative U.S. government science information including research and development results.
- TechXtraFind articles, books, the best websites, the latest industry news, job announcements, technical reports, technical data, full text eprints, the latest research, thesis & dissertations, teaching and learning resources and more, in engineering, mathematics.
- Google Scholar This link opens in a new window
- PubMed This link opens in a new windowPubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine, is a publicly available online database of biomedical and medical journal records. It includes MEDLINE content.
- Web of Science This link opens in a new windowWeb of Science is a multidisciplinary resource that allows you to search multiple databases at once, including: Web of Science (Core Collection), Current Contents Connect, BIOSIS Previews, MEDLINE, and Journal Citation Reports. Find journal articles, books, conference proceedings, reports, and tables of contents.
- DynaMed This link opens in a new windowA clinical reference tool created by physicians for physicians and other health care professionals for use at the point-of-care. Includes clinically-organized summaries for more than 3,200 topics, and provides the latest content and resources with validity, relevance and convenience.
- BIOSIS Previews (Web of Science) This link opens in a new windowContains the best collection of references to journals in biological and and biomedical research covering pre-clinical and experimental research, methods and instrumentation, animal studies, and more.
- NCBIThe National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.
- Science Direct This link opens in a new windowFind articles, books, and reference materials in all areas of science, technology and medicine. 1823-present.
- SciFinder-n This link opens in a new windowA research tool for accessing information in Chemical Abstracts databases, using a graphical user interface. It includes journal articles, book chapters, patents, conference proceedings, technical reports, substance database and dissertations covered in Chemical Abstracts as well as articles currently being indexed, book reviews and biographical information. Requires a one-time, free registration, and an additional login for each use.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)The official website of the FDA; the Code of Federal Regulation is the authoritative source for FDA regulations. "FDA is responsible for protecting the public health by assuring the safety, efficacy and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, medical devices, our nation’s food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation."
- Applied Science & Technology Abstracts This link opens in a new windowSearch for articles, product reviews, buyer's guides, directories, and conference proceedings. Content areas include: chemistry, computer technology, data processing, energy-related disciplines, engineering, math, and physics. 1983-present.
- ACM Digital Library This link opens in a new windowUse this database to find computer science literature from an extensive range of journals, newsletters, and conference proceedings published or co-marketed by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). The ACM Digital Library contains the full text of every article ever published by ACM since its founding, from the 1950s to present.
- IEEE Xplore This link opens in a new windowIEEE Xplore provides access to the full text of electrical engineering, electronics, and computer science literature produced by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). The database includes the contents of journals, magazines, newsletters, conference proceedings, and IEEE standards. All content is complete from 1988 to present; some selected content dates back to 1913.
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS) - site indexThe National Technical Information Service serves as the largest central resource for government-funded scientific, technical, engineering, and business related information available today.
- SpringerLink This link opens in a new windowAn integrated full-text database for journals and books published by Springer, with over 1,250 fully peer-reviewed journals and more than 10,000 books online. Choose the engineering subject collection.
- Wiley Online Library This link opens in a new windowA multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, social science, and the humanities. Integrated access to over 4 million articles from 1500 journals, over 14,000 online books, and hundreds of reference works, laboratory protocols and databases.
PubMed is extensive and has many features. The following links provide some tips and training for using it successfully.
- PubMed tutorialBased on a full-day seminar, detailed tour of PubMed features.
- Last Updated: Feb 28, 2023 1:36 PM
- URL: https://libguides.gvsu.edu/biomedengineering