Library Resources for Social Innovation: Home
Useful Library Subject Guides and Websites
Getting Started in Social Innovation Research
Welcome to the GVSU Libraries guide to research in social innovation. Social innovation is the process of developing and deploying effective solutions to challenging and often systemic social and environmental issues in support of social progress. On the pages tabbed above, you'll find resources tailored to specific research needs.
- DatabasesDatabases contain multiple journals with scholarly articles written about social innovation topics.
- Recommended JournalsSearching by journal is great for exploring specific topics covered by particular journals and keeping up with new scholarship in a focused area.
- PolicyHow to find local, state, and national policies and policy articles/analyses.
Selection of Social Innovation Books at GVSU
- Collaborative Innovation Networks Latest Insights from Social Innovation, Education, and Emerging Technologies ResearchISBN: 9783030172381Collaborative innovation networks are cyberteams of motivated individuals, and are self-organizing emergent social systems with the potential to promote health, happiness and individual growth in real-world work settings.
- Design for Social Innovation byISBN: 9781000464511Publication Date: 2021-11-29Grounded by a global survey in sectors as diverse as public health, urban planning, economic development, education, humanitarian response, cultural heritage, and civil rights, Design for Social Innovation captures these stories and more through 45 richly illustrated case studies from six continents. From advocating to understanding and everything in between, these cases demonstrate how designers shape new products, services, and systems while transforming organizations and supporting individual growth.
- Frontiers in social innovationISBN: 9781647821425Publication Date: 2022
- The Impact of Societal and Social Innovation byISBN: 9789811017667Publication Date: 2016-09-02This book elaborates on the distinction between societal innovation and social innovation. It provides eight case studies to illustrate the scope, process, outcome, and impact of societal innovation and social innovation. In addition, the book proposes a model for interested parties to maximize their contribution for the common social good in a systematic and effective way. Case studies are used to illustrate concepts for readers to grasp the real essence of the relatively abstract notions of societal innovation and social innovation. In doing so, the book shows how small efforts can bring big benefits for the under privileged and to society as a whole. This book serves as a helpful resource for government officials, social innovation practitioners, social entrepreneurs, Non Profit Organizations, as well as students who would like to contribute to the common social good.
- People-Centered Social Innovation byISBN: 1351121022Publication Date: 2019-07-10Social Innovation is emerging as an alternate interdisciplinary development pathway of knowledge and practice that aims to understand and address contemporary complexities and multi - dimensional social realities. BEPA (2011) defines social innovation as, 'innovations that are social in both their ends and means'. However, though Social Innovation is a widely-used term; its conceptual understanding and the specific relation to social change remains under explored. People Centered Social Innovation: Global perspectives on an Emerging Paradigm attempts to revisit and extend the existing understanding of Social Innovation in practice by focusing upon the lived realities of marginalized groups and communities.
- Social Innovation byISBN: 9783642365409Publication Date: 2013-06-04Social Innovation is becoming an increasingly important topic in our global society. Those organizations which are able to develop business solutions to the most urgent social and ecological challenges will be the leading companies of tomorrow. Social Innovation not only creates value for society but will be a key driver for business success. Although the concept of Social Innovation is discussed globally the meaning and its impact on the development of new business strategies is still heavily on debate. Over 30 leading thinkers in the field of Innovation, Strategic Management and Organizational Development give a well structured inside on the latest developments and progress in the field of Social Innovation.
- Social Innovation and Impact in Nonprofit Leadership byISBN: 9780826121783Publication Date: 2014-01-01This timely textbook, reflecting the trends and developments in the nonprofit sector over the past decade, encompasses the core competencies required to lead nonprofit organizations through social innovation and impact during the 21st century. It fills a knowledge gap for leaders, managers, practitioners, students, faculty members, and providers in this rapidly growing field by providing a comprehensive framework for how to run and manage nonprofits.
- Social Innovation and Sustainable Entrepreneurship byISBN: 1788116844Publication Date: 2018-08-31The rapid and formative rise in research on social innovation and entrepreneurship means that theoretical frameworks are still being created, while traditional notions of economic efficiency and social welfare are tested. The field is progressing fastest in the measurement and measuring of social entrepreneurial effectiveness. Social innovators, who draw from philanthropy, as well as capital markets, for financial resources, have adopted the lean start up as a paradigm for their organization logics.
Questions? Ask Me!
- Last Updated: May 23, 2023 11:15 AM
- URL: https://libguides.gvsu.edu/socialinnovation