(5/8/23) Ten Predictions for AI and the Future of Anthropology
As an anthropologist, designer, and technologist working in new product development, here are my 10 speculative predictions for how AI will disrupt our discipline in the coming years.
(5/3/23) Scientists recover an ancient woman's DNA from a 20,000-year-old pendant
An international research team has for the first time successfully isolated ancient human DNA from a Paleolithic artefact: a pierced deer tooth discovered in Denisova Cave in southern Siberia. To preserve the integrity of the artefact, they developed a new, nondestructive method for isolating DNA from ancient bones and teeth.
(5/2/23) Scientists present evidence for a billion-years arms race between viruses and their hosts
Researchers have proposed a new evolutionary model for the origin of a kingdom of viruses called Bamfordvirae, suggesting a billion-years evolutionary arms race between two groups within this kingdom and their hosts.
- Citing SourcesStyle guides and examples
- Government ResourcesData, census, info about federal, state, & local government, & cool stuff
- Knowledge MarketHelp with writing, research, presentations
- Resource MarketGuides, definitions of academic jargon, and helpful links created by Knowledge Market consultants
Resources You Will Find In This Guide
- Finding Articles
These resources index and store scholarly articles written about various sociological subjects.
- Books and Journals
Using book-length scholarship in English can help you go deeper into specific topics and/or find quality articles anthologized into books by topic.
- Other Resources
Here you will find help on supplemental issues to your writing and research including citation and useful terms. You will also find other sources of media to do your sociology research, including videos and podcasts!
Your Library Liaison
- Last Updated: May 9, 2023 7:28 AM
- URL: https://libguides.gvsu.edu/anthropology