Art & Art History: Recommended Websites
Museums & Galleries
Art & AI
- GlazeGlaze is a tool to help artists to prevent their artistic styles from being learned and mimicked by new AI-art models such as MidJourney, Stable Diffusion and their variants. It is a collaboration between the University of Chicago SAND Lab and members of the professional artist community.
- Archives Directory for the History of Collecting in AmericaCreated to help researchers locate primary source material about American art collectors, dealers, agents and advisors, and the repositories that hold these records. It is regularly updated with information contributed by both institutions and individuals.
- nyarc arcadeCatalog of the New York Art Resources Consortium
- Getty Research PortalThe Getty Research Portal is an online platform providing global access to digitized art history texts. The Portal is comprised of catalog records that link to full, digitized texts hosted by the contributing institutions or their service providers.
- Digital Art History DirectoryAn open-access database of digital art history projects and data sources. Intended to be the largest, most comprehensive, and inclusive collection of information on Digital Art History.
Other art sites
- Arts Journal: Daily art newsThe site is a digest of some of the best arts and cultural journalism in the English-speaking world.
- SmarthistorySmarthistory.org is a free multi-media web-book designed as a dynamic enhancement (or even substitute) for the traditional art history textbook. Includes images, videos, podcasts and more!
- Public Art ArchiveThe Public Art Archive™ is a free, online resource for comprehensive data and rich media, employing a standardized framework to catalog public art.
Created by the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Libraries, this video shows the time line for published information. Before you begin your search for information, it helps to understand when and how information is published.
- Last Updated: Feb 14, 2023 2:04 PM
- URL: https://libguides.gvsu.edu/art