Music, Theatre, & Dance: Faculty Guide to the Library: Home
New GV Library “Find articles, books, & more” search – Tips for Success workshop
Description: Bring your questions to a 60-minute virtual (Zoom) workshop. We’ll spend the hour using your questions and independent discoveries to facilitate a peer learning and sharing session exploring the Libraries’ new “collections content discovery” system.
Dates/Times: Thurs 9/16, noon-1p.m. and Fri 9/24, 9-10a.m.
Library location changes:
- In DeVos, the Libraries’ instruction and computer lab is now located in Room 127A.
- The Curriculum Materials Library has moved inside the Steelcase Library in Room 114A.
- The new Frey Foundation Learning Commons is located on the second floor of the Daniel and Pamella DeVos Center for Interprofessional Health building and features a quiet reading room, two learning labs, study rooms, consultation spaces, and study spaces that support individual and collaborative work.
GVSU Joins HathiTrust: GVSU researchers will now be able to search and discover more than 17 million books and download public domain resources.
GVSU Libraries' Instruction YouTube Channel: Several short videos on topics like finding books, evaluating information, etc., that you can put in Blackboard.
Laptop loans for students:
Innovation fund proposal will accelerate OER: The University Libraries are leading the Accelerating OER Initiative to expand Grand Valley's support for the use and creation of Open Educational Resources through new programs, funding opportunities for faculty, and building capacity for library publishing. Learn more at our Accelerating OER webpage.
MeLCat: On February 1, 2021 GVSU Libraries temporarily stopped borrowing books from other libraries via MeLCat as we changed our search software. In the meantime, you can request items we do not own through our Document Delivery service, or pick up MeLCat loans from your public library. Learn more about this service change.
I am the librarian for the Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance, and am a violist. I work with you to:
- recommend materials for the University Libraries to support Music, Theatre, and Dance
- develop and revise curriculum, achieve accreditation/re-accreditation, and engage in strategic planning
- teach sessions on library-based research in your courses, provide resources via Blackboard and the Library's Subject Guides, and consult with students individually or in groups
- keep you informed about issues pertaining to scholarly publishing, copyright, plagiarism, and other library developments
- consult about your research or creative scholarship
- resolve issues with Course Reserve and Document Delivery (a.k.a. interlibrary loan)
Mailing address: 240 Mary Idema Pew Library, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI 49401