Music, Theatre, & Dance: Faculty Guide to the Library: Home
I am the librarian for the Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance, and am a violist. I work with you to:
- Recommend materials for the University Libraries to support Music, Theatre, and Dance
- Develop and revise curriculum: add me to SAIL proposals and changes
- Teach sessions on library-based research in your courses, provide resources via Blackboard and the Library's Subject Guides, and consult with students individually or in groups
- Achieve accreditation/re-accreditation (NASM)
- Keep you informed about issues pertaining to scholarly publishing, copyright, plagiarism, and other library developments
- Consult about your scholarship, including sabbatical proposals
- Resolve issues with Course Reserve and Document Delivery (a.k.a. interlibrary loan)
GVSU Joined HathiTrust: GVSU researchers may now find books, recordings, and scores online.
GVSU Libraries' Instruction YouTube Channel: Several short videos on topics like finding books, evaluating information, etc., that you can put in Blackboard.
Laptop loans for students:
Innovation fund for OER: The University Libraries is leading the Accelerating OER Initiative to expand Grand Valley's support for the use and creation of Open Educational Resources through new programs, funding opportunities for faculty, and building capacity for library publishing. Learn more at our Accelerating OER webpage.
MeLCat: On February 1, 2021 GVSU Libraries temporarily stopped borrowing books from other libraries via MeLCat as we changed our search software. In the meantime, you can request items we do not own through our Document Delivery service, or pick up MeLCat loans from your public library. Learn more about this service change. We hope to reinstate MeL by Fall 2023.
Mailing address: 240 Mary Idema Pew Library, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI 49401