Library Resources for Public, Nonprofit and Health Administration: Grants
How To's and More Resources to Check Out
- Using Data to Support Grant Applications and Other Funding OpportunitiesProduced by the Community Research Institute, this document presents the sections of a grant that need to be backed up by data, details where to find that data, and pulls it all together by explaining the difference between ineffective and effective uses.
Philanthropy and the Johnson Collection
The Dorothy A. Johnson Collection on Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership is one of the most comprehensive collections in the country in the areas of philanthropy, volunteerism, youth philanthropy, service learning, and nonprofit management. It includes all materials purchased with funds endowed by the Council of Michigan Foundations (CMF) since July 2000, and contains many items formerly held in the CMF library, which dates back to 1972. The Johnson Collection is an affiliate of the Consortium of Foundation Libraries.
Finding Funders, Nonprofits and other Grant Resources
- GrantSelect This link opens in a new windowGrantSelect is an extensive online grants database that contains more than 16,000 funding opportunities provided by more than 5,100 unique sponsoring organizations.
- FDO Quick StartFDO Quick Start provides free, public access to essential information about over 100,000 foundations and over 250,000 IRS Forms 990-PF.
- Giving USAA compilation of facts and trends on American philanthropy
- Grant AdvisorGrantAdvisor is a web service that facilitates open dialogue between nonprofits and grantmakers by collecting authentic, real-time reviews and comments on grantseekers’ experiences working with funders to encourage more productive philanthropy.
- Grants.govAllows you to find and apply for federal grants.
- GrantSpaceGreat webinars, sample documents, etc.
- GuideStarThis database requires a free account in order to view nonprofit 990s.
- Michigan Grant ResourcesCompiled by Michigan State University libraries, a list of Michigan based grant makers.
Sources for Background Info
- Catalog of Nonprofit Literature This link opens in a new windowPrimarily citations and abstracts with some full-text materials, including scholarly and non-scholarly articles and books relating to philanthropy, foundations, and the nonprofit sector. Topics range from charitable giving, statistics, theory, international and domestic philanthropy, and nonprofit administration. There is also information on policy, law and tax regulations as they relate to these fields.
- Charity NavigatorCharity Navigator is the nation's largest and most-utilized evaluator of charities.
- FOLIO (Foundation Literature Online)This is an online digital repository of foundation-sponsored research reports and publications covering the full scope of philanthropic activity.
- Public Administration Abstracts This link opens in a new windowA library database that includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to public administration.
- Foundation Center's Issue LabLots of resources and reports on relevant topics!
- Last Updated: Feb 6, 2023 12:13 PM
- URL: https://libguides.gvsu.edu/pna