Materials for Engineers: Concrete & Aggregates
Locating Sources on Concrete & Aggregates
Concrete-based materials and aggregates are widely used in construction applications. Both are subsets of composite materials and include many mined materials.
In the GVSU Libraries catalog, relevant subjects include:
- Concrete (includes many sub-headings and related terms)
- Building Materials (includes concrete and many other materials)
- Aggregates (Building materials) (includes many sub-headings and related terms; Aggregates on its own can refer to mathematical constructs)
- Concrete products by primary material component, e.g. Asphalt Concrete or Polymer-impregnated Concrete
- Concrete or aggregate components or binders, e.g. Gravel, Sand, Slag, or Cement
- Construction techniques, e.g. Shotcrete or Stone (Cast)
- Concrete-based products or constructions, e.g. Concrete Beams or Concrete Bridges
- Properties or issues, e.g. Concrete--Fracture or Concrete--Permeability
- Concrete structures, e.g. Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) or Fallingwater (Pa.)
- Individual or groups of architects, engineers, and others who created concrete structures, e.g. Civil Engineers--Great Britain--Biography
Articles And Index Databases
Relevant materials are also available in the broader index and abstract databases listed on the Articles & Databases page.
- ScienceDirect "Physical Science & Engineering" JournalsIncludes titles focusing on concrete and composites.
Handbooks And Other References
- ASTM Volume 04.02: Concrete And AggregatesNOTE: GVSU does not presently own a current set of ASTM Standards; please contact the Engineering Librarian to have individual standards purchased for your use.
- USGS Guide to Natural AggregatesFrom the U.S. Geological Survey, sources and statistics on all aspects of the natural aggregates industry as well as to related commodities.
Associations & Organizations
- American Society of Civil EngineersIncludes many committees and technical groups focusing on concrete.
- Last Updated: May 3, 2023 3:12 PM
- URL: https://libguides.gvsu.edu/egrmaterials