Materials for Engineers: Metals
Locating Sources on Metals
In the GVSU Libraries catalog, relevant subjects include:
- Metallurgy - also a subheading for specific metals such as gold or iron
- Specific metals – Aluminum, Copper, or Neodymium; each metal has multiple subheadings, which may address alloys, specific properties, and behaviors
- Groups of metals, e.g. Nonferrous Metals or Transition Metals
- Properties of metals, e.g. Metals--Electric Properties or Metals–Optical Properties
- Behaviors of metals, e.g. Metals–Corrosion Fatigue or Metals–Fracture
Articles And Index Databases
Relevant materials are also available in the broader index and abstract databases listed on the Articles & Databases page.
Handbooks And References
- MatWeb Composite Material Data Sheets (MDS)Covers metal composites.
- Metal Alloy UNS Number Search EngineEnables screening on metal alloys and products using the Unified Numbering System for Metals and Alloys (UNS) classification system. Data can be downloaded to spreadsheet, CAD, and FEA programs.
- Minerals InformationFrom the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), statistics and information on minerals and materials. Includes detailed profiles on major metals.
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers (AIMEHQ)Member societies are Association of Iron and Steel Technology (AIST), Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration (SME), The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS), and the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).
- Last Updated: May 3, 2023 3:12 PM
- URL: https://libguides.gvsu.edu/egrmaterials