CAP 115: Research Basics for Advertising and PR: Home
- APA TutorialLearn about how to cite sources using APA 7th edition. Created by the GVSU Libraries.
- APA: Citing SourcesGuides & examples for references or bibliographies.
- Knowledge Markethelp with writing, research, presentations, visualizing data, and engaging with social media platforms or other digital tech
This guide's purposes are to: help you learn more about Advertising & Public Relations while using information, provide resources for doing research in the CAP 115 course, help you save time and energy, and successfully complete your assignments. Do better professionally by making successful brands and effective media plans, or writing accurate copy!
Each discipline or field of study has different values about types of information and procedures for research, so the tabs here are organized by learning objective and are different from those you might have used in other courses in fields like Writing or Biology.
- CAP 115 Databases ExerciseFor in-person/face-to-face library session. Download, fill out, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAP 115 Databases WorksheetGoogle Doc for asynchronous sections (has examples)
Download, fill out, email to email@example.com
- Accessing Government Data6-minute video tutorial by the GVSU Libraries
- Navigating the Census (Government Data part 2)Video tutorial on advertising a business with government codes for industries (NAICS), demographics, & consumer spending.
For additional resources, see the Business, Education, & other Subject guides.
- Build Your Search StrategyThis short video explains how to develop a search strategy before finding books and media or articles in databases. These concepts are universal and apply to any search.
- Citation TutorialLearn and test your skills
- How to Find a BookThis video walks you through the process of searching for a book and identifying its location.
- Requesting books, journals in print form, and DVDsWatch video of the robot (Automated Storage Retrieval System or ASRS) getting books in the warehouse behind the Service Desk on the 1st floor.
Mailing address: 240 Mary Idema Pew Library, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI 49401
- Last Updated: May 24, 2023 8:55 AM
- URL: https://libguides.gvsu.edu/cap115